Ancient Hawaiian Secrets
For modern Living
By: Serge Kahili King
Since my first trip to the beautiful magical islands of Hawaii I have been drawn to all that is Hawaiian. I am consciously seeking out all that I can know about the people of the Islands, the true history of the Hawaiian Islands, and the mysteries of the Islands. I am especially drawn to the esoteric knowledge of the Hawaiian people for I have been on that path for a very long time. In this effort I will read as much as I can about everything that is Hawaiian so that I can experience more of what Hawaii has to offer.
Serge Kahili King has been involved with the teachings of Huna for over a half century. He has been a practitioner of the Huna teaching for over 35 year and he also founded Aloha International which is a worldwide nonprofit network for making the world a better place.
His book “Huna” is about the Hawaiian esoteric philosophy of life. In the first section the concern for the word Huna is addressed. I would rest with his explanation as being well enough for his experience and research far exceeds what I have to offer. I found the book very easy to read and it made me feel as if I was sitting in a beach chair with the sound of the waves in the background as Serge unfolded the Hawaiian philosophy.
Huna is based on seven principles according to Serge they are;
1. The World is What you Think it is – Ike (to be aware)
2. There are no Limits – Kala (free, untied)
3. Energy Flows Where Attention Goes – Makia (aim, purpose)
4. Now is The Moment of Power – Manawa (time, season)
5. To Love is to Be Happy With – Aloha (Love, compassion)
6. All Power Comes From Within – Mana (super natural or Divine power)
7. Effectiveness Is the Measure of Truth – Pono (goodness)
Serge then goes into each of the principles and explains them through Hawaiian proverb and in depth as means to live the life you want to have based on these principles. Throughout the book examples are given and exercises to expand you experience. He makes it easy to understand and practical to follow. I really enjoyed the book, in fact I have read it three times. There is a lot of great information on how to live the life you want. One of my favorite parts of the book is his method he calls “Detached Attachment” it starts on page 144 and finishes on 146 my abbreviated description is just that abbreviated...
1. Become aware of yourself as a spirit or as pure consciousness.
2. Focus on the kind of condition you want.
3. Release any resistance to what already is.
4. Persist until you have what you want.
I personally recommend this book. I have bought a couple actually, this way I don’t have to give out my personal copy, because I have mine dog-eared, creased, and marked up with the places in the book I like to reference from time to time. That’s how much I like it... I’m looking forward to reading the next book I add to the library that is written by Serge Kahili King.